The SACOG Youth Leadership Academy (YLA) is an opportunity for students to:
- Learn how communities are shaped by people and policies.
- Discover career opportunities in government, planning, and civic engagement.
- Connect with elected officials, community activists, organizers, and non-profit leaders.
- Engage in local and regional government.
- Have fun and be collaborative with students from around the region.
YLA bridges the gap between youth and local leaders. The program provides students with helpful knowledge and skills that are part of the ongoing process of decision making and connects them to local organizations and community members who bring much needed change. With this program, young leaders learn about the intersection of different areas, like transportation planning, health, and education, and how they impact everyday life. Watch this video from the 2021 academy to learn more!