Transit Coordinating Committee – Special Topic Meeting
Hosted via Zoom
Transit Coordinating Committee – Special topic meeting
November 9, 2022 – TCC Special Topic 9:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Hosted via Zoom
Members of the public wishing to address the committee on any item not on the agenda may do so at the beginning of the meeting. We ask that members of the public request to speak and keep their remarks brief. Testimony will be limited to a total of ten (10) minutes.
Conference Call Option – SACOG Zoom Meeting 3 - Join Zoom Meeting via laptop, computer, or smartphone: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81987414554
Meeting ID: 819 8741 4554. Join with one tap mobile +16699009128, 81987414554# US. Dial in with your phone +1 669 900 9128 US, +1 669 219 2599 US, +1 651 372 8299 US, 888 475 4499 US Toll-free, 877 853 5257 US Toll-free. Meeting ID: 819 8741 4554. Please do not put your phone on hold during the meeting; instead please hang up and call back when you’re free.
1) TCC Coordination (All, 15 minutes)
- Brief introductions and sharing of significant news about transit systems
2) Zero Emission Transition Roundtable (SACOG/All, 1 hour 30 minutes)
- Highlights from Zero Emission Transition Plans -
- Funding and Procurement Plans for the future – How much funding do operators have and need, and what are they planning on procuring? Has an agency successfully used the HVIP voucher program, and what are the obstacles?
- Do any operators plans address resiliency during inclement weather or during a disaster event?
- Which operators are talking with utilities regarding infrastructure needs and providing power for charging?
- What’s on the ground now? – Which operators are already operating zero emission vehicles and how is it going?
- Status of the planned regional charging facility under Highway 50 (Dougherty/All, 10 minutes)
- Have any agencies utilized a good ZEB training program for maintenance staff, or is it being provided by the manufacturer?
3) Potential Topics for Next Meeting and Set Next Meeting Dates (All, 5 minutes)
- Next Special Topic Meeting – May 17, 2023, via Zoom – RideCo will present information on their commingling service model to share some insight into the services they can provide on a unified paratransit and microtransit solution.
- Next TCC meeting on April 19, 2023 – via Zoom
- Adjourn TCC Special Topic Meeting
Stay on the Zoom call after the meeting to participate in the Transit Operator Discussion portion of SACOG’s MPO Certification Review meeting.
Sign up for electronic notifications to get the latest information.
This agenda and attachments are available on SACOG’s website at www.sacog.org. SACOG is accessible to the disabled. As required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Federal Rules and Regulations adopted in implementation thereof, a person who requires a modification or accommodation, auxiliary aids or services in order to participate in a public meeting, including receiving this agenda and attachments in an alternative format, should contact SACOG by phone at 916-321-9000, e-mail (email@example.com) or in person as soon as possible and preferably at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Parking is available at 15th and K Streets.