Transit Coordinating Committee Meeting
Conference Call Option – Toll Free Dial In Number: (888) 431-3598
Caller Paid Dial In Number: (646) 364-1278
ACCESS CODE: 5753833
Members of the public may comment on any item on the agenda at the time that it is taken up by the Board. We ask that members of the public come forward to be recognized by the Chair and keep their remarks brief.
- Introductions and Brief Round Table Operator Discussion (Wixon/All, 20 minutes)
- News about your system and any updates on ridership and service changes, including schedule of upcoming service changes
- Are there any opportunities for joint purchases or contracts or joint marketing opportunities?
- TCC Coordination Activities
- Other items of interest
- Review and Approve TCC Minutes (Wixon/All, 5 minutes)
- June 20, 2012.
- Update on State Budget and Federal Funding Issues (Carpenter/McCrary/Johnson/All, 20 minutes)
- State Budget Updates – What does the newly approved budget mean for transit?
- Federal Budget and Reauthorization Update – How does MAP-21 affect the region? How does this affect unobligated but apportioned FFY 2011 and 2012 funds? Brief summary attached.
- Local Transportation Fund update (if any)
- Proposed legislative modifications to farebox recovery ratio in Sacramento County (Johnson, 5 minutes)
- Transportation Development Act – Pending RFP for Triennial Audits (Taylor/Holtzen/All, 5 minutes)
- Federal and State Programming Activities (Carpenter/Johnson/Taylor/VaughanBechtold/All, 15 min)
- Status Report on FY 2012 Grants – including State of Good Repair and upcoming announcements on Livability, Clean Fuels, and Veterans Initiative.
- PTMISEA Funding Recommendations
- Caltrans Discretionary Grants – award notification pending.
- Impacts to regional transit services from school bus service reductions/eliminations (McCrary/All, 10 minutes)
- Anything new on this front? Communications with school districts, potential school transportation issues for transit operators.
- 2013/16 Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program and Air Quality Conformity Update – (Caceres, 10 minutes)
- CalVans and Expanded Vanpool Subsidy Program Update (Taylor, 10 minutes)
- Update on Sacramento/West Sacramento Downtown/Riverfront Transit Study (Cacciatore, et. al., 5 minutes)
- Status of consultant selection.
- Connect Card Update (McCrary/Symons-Holtzen/All, 5 minutes)
- Set Next Meeting Dates (All, 5 minutes)
- TCC –Next TCC meeting on September 19, 2012?
- Other meetings or events
- The California Department of Aging is hosting a National Transit Institute (NTI) course: Managing Community Mobility on September 19 & 20, 2012, in Sacramento, at the Doubletree by Hilton hotel
- Course information and online registration are available here: http://www.ntionline.com/courses/courseinfo.php?id=44
- Other Matters (All, 5 minutes)
‡ - Indicates Action
Chief Executive Officer
Next committee meeting: September 19, 2012
This agenda and attachments are available on SACOG’s website at www.sacog.org. SACOG is accessible to the disabled. As required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Federal Rules and Regulations adopted in implementation thereof, a person who requires a modification or accommodation, auxiliary aids or services in order to participate in a public meeting, including receiving this agenda and attachments in an alternative format, should contact SACOG by phone at 916-321-9000, e-mail (email@example.com) or in person as soon as possible and preferably at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Parking is available at 15th and K Streets.