Transit Coordinating Committee
SACOG Rivers Rooms, 1415 L Street, Suite 300, Sacramento, CA
Members of the public wishing to address the committee on any item not on the agenda may do so at this time. We ask that members of the public notify the chair of the committee of their request to speak, and keep their remarks brief. Testimony will be limited to a total of ten (10) minutes.
Conference Call Option – Please contact Azadeh Doherty (firstname.lastname@example.org), Barbara VaughanBechtold (email@example.com), or the SACOG receptionist (916) 321-9000 for Conference Call information. Please do not put your phone on hold during the conference call, but instead please hang up to take your call and call back when you’re free.
TCC Coordination (Garner/All, 30 minutes)
- Public Comment on non-agenda topics
- Brief introductions and sharing of significant news about transit systems – System Ridership Trends (All/10 minutes)
- Joint Transit Operator Project or Training Opportunities
- General TCC Coordination:
- More frequent TCC meeting may be needed in Spring 2018
- Review and Approve – (All, 5 minutes)
- Preliminary Results of Transit Rewards with SF MTC (Paresh Jain & Ron Drabkin/All, 15 minutes)
- http://uberconference.com/drivermiles - audio provided by TCC conference line
- UC Davis Medical Center Transit Options Discussion (UCDMC Staff/All, 20 minutes)
- SB 1 State of Good Repair Program Discussion (SACOG/All, 20 minutes)
- Caltrans STA State of Good Repair (SGR) webpage: http://www.dot.ca.gov/drmt/spstasgr.html
- Draft Discussion Guidelines Comments/Responses: http://www.dot.ca.gov/drmt/docs/spsgr/formguidcomments.pdf
- Draft Formal Guidelines: http://www.dot.ca.gov/drmt/docs/spsgr/formalguidelines.pdf
- Coordination with SACOG –
- Meetings/Events/Updates (All, 5 minutes)
- Meetings or Events
- Updates on Other Items
- Set Next Meeting Dates & Adjourn (All, 5 minutes)
- Add TCC meeting for Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Next TCC meeting on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 – at SACOG
- Future meeting at San Joaquin RTD – possible tour of electric buses and BRT route
- Adjourn TCC
Operators Only Meeting – Immediately Following the TCC meeting
A. Transit Asset Management (Sprowls/All, 20 minutes)
B. Rethinking the Bus Stop as a Tool for Community Impact (Chew, SACOG/PSU CPID Staff/All, 1 hour) -
This one-hour workshop will provide guidance on hor to re-imagine transit stops as community gathering spaces. People already spend time at transit stops – why not make them places where they can interact, take care of business, or just congregate even if they are not waiting for transit. The session will be led by Portland State University’s Center for Public Interest Design (CPID), who have been creating low-priced community gathering spaces across the world. The workshop will give real-life examples, information on some technical considerations and the process to create new spaces. SACOG, in partnership with SMAQMD, will also announce a small grant program for the design, fabrication and installation of one enhanced transit stop as a prototype.
This agenda and attachments are available on SACOG’s website at www.sacog.org. SACOG is accessible to the disabled. As required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Federal Rules and Regulations adopted in implementation thereof, a person who requires a modification or accommodation, auxiliary aids or services in order to participate in a public meeting, including receiving this agenda and attachments in an alternative format, should contact SACOG by phone at 916-321-9000, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person as soon as possible and preferably at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Parking is available at 15th and K Streets.