Regional Planning Partnership
Regional Planning Partnership
Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
You can also dial in using your phone:
Dial-in #: 877-853-5257
Webinar ID: 983 7959 2659
Upon entry into the meeting please type your name for attendance.
The purpose of the Partnership is to assist SACOG with its transportation and air quality planning and programming processes, with an emphasis on technical issues, by providing consultation with a broad range of public and private constituencies. It also provides a forum for local agencies in the region’s transportation and land use industry to contribute to the policy-making and fund programming activities of SACOG, and to improve coordination within the region.
The Regional Planning Partnership (RPP) consists of the five local air districts, representatives of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), California Air Resources Board (ARB), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), and state and local transportation agencies. The RPP meets bimonthly. Each RPP meeting is open to the public and is currently being held virtually.
Introductions (Renée DeVere-Oki, 3 minutes)
- What is the RPP?
- Please enter your name upon logging in.
The SACOG Regional Agencies Partnership Update
- Updates from Staff (27 minutes)
- Legislative Update/Green Means Go Advocacy – (Christina Lokke, 3 minutes) Update on state activities and Green Means Go advocacy. See staff report from June 18 Board of Directors meeting.
- Green Means Go Green Zones (Jennifer Hargrove, 3 minutes). A draft framework for establishing Green Zones in our region was presented to the Land Use and Natural Resources Committee in June. Staff will provide an update on next steps.
- SCS Update- (Bruce Griesenbeck, 3 minutes) Staff will provide an update on the SCS submittal process.
- Topics in Transit – (Barbara VaughanBechtold, 3 minutes) Update on any current topics in transit and SACOG’s Transit Coordinating Committee.
- Telework Pilot Update- (Adrienne Moretz, 3 minutes). Update on pilot design and development for the Regional Telework Pilot Program.
- Sacramento Region Parks and Trails Strategic Development Plan – Victoria Cacciatore, 3 minutes) Update on the status of this project to develop a dynamic system of interconnected trails and parks across El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba counties.
- 2021 Regional ATP Update – (Victoria Cacciatore, 3 minutes) See Attachment A: Final 2021 Regional ATP Policy Framework and Attachment C: Statewide and Regional ATP Milestones
- Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Counting Equipment Loan Program and Purchasing Agreement – (Victoria Cacciatore, 3 minutes) An update will be provided on the status of this program and agreement.
- Grant opportunities and award announcements for non-SACOG programs- (Chris Dougherty, 3 minutes). Update from staff on where to view current opportunities and recent grant awards in the six county region; RPP members please share updates in the following section.
Updates from Membership (25 minutes)
- Please feel free to share updates relevant to the region during this time. Limit yourself to two minutes. (Raise your hand to be un-muted or type an update to be read in the chat box)
- Presentation on Capital Region Heat Island (Shelley Jiang from Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District, 20 minutes) The Sacramento Metropolitan AQMD led an effort to model theurban heat island effect in the Sacramento region and to identify cost effective changes to the built environment. Shelley Jiang will discuss actions jurisdictions can take to support a cooler Sacramento with air quality advantages (less ozone formation), economic benefits (higher productivity and longer-life for infrastructure) and health benefits (action today would significantly reduce high hazard heat events).
- Updates from Staff (27 minutes)
- ◄ CONSENSUS Item: Conformity Assumptions for the
2021 MTIP (Renee DeVere-Oki; 7 minutes)
SACOG is preparing to amend the 2020 MTP/SCS and adopt the
2021/24 MTIP in February 2021. A new conformity
determination is required as part of this action. To
initiate preparation for a future conformity determination, a set
of Assumptions needs to be approved by the Partnership.
Assumptions and background information can be found on the
- MTIP Call for Projects (Dustin Foster) Staff will provide an overview of the adoption schedule.
- SB 743 Update (Maricela Salazar, 5 minutes) SACOG staff has been monitoring ongoing implementation efforts and will provide an update of current activities.
- Regional Funding Round Draft Policy Framework (Garett Ballard-Rosa, 20 minutes). SACOG’s regional funding round provides funding for transportation infrastructure projects and programs in the four-county region. The SACOG board will act on a policy framework in August that sets the objectives and programs of the 2020 SACOG funding cycle.
- Other Matters
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
◄ Indicates Action
This agenda and attachments are available on SACOG’s website at www.sacog.org. SACOG is accessible to the disabled. As required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Federal Rules and Regulations adopted in implementation thereof, a person who requires a modification or accommodation, auxiliary aids or services in order to participate in a public meeting, including receiving this agenda and attachments in an alternative format, should contact SACOG by phone at 916-321-9000, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible and preferably at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
This agenda and attachments are available on SACOG’s website at www.sacog.org. SACOG is accessible to the disabled. As required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Federal Rules and Regulations adopted in implementation thereof, a person who requires a modification or accommodation, auxiliary aids or services in order to participate in a public meeting, including receiving this agenda and attachments in an alternative format, should contact SACOG by phone at 916-321-9000, e-mail (email@example.com) or in person as soon as possible and preferably at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Parking is available at 15th and K Streets.