Regional Planning Partnership
SACOG Rivers Rooms, 1415 L Street, Suite 300, Sacramento, CA
You can also dial in using your phone:
Dial-in #: 877-568-4106, Access Code: 732-591-877
The purpose of the Partnership is to assist SACOG with its transportation and air quality planning and programming processes, with an emphasis on technical issues, by providing consultation with a broad range of public and private constituencies. It also provides a forum for local agencies in the region’s transportation and land use industry to contribute to the policy-making and fund programming activities of SACOG, and to improve coordination within the region.
The Regional Planning Partnership (RPP) consists of the five local air districts, representatives of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), California Air Resources Board (ARB), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), and state and local transportation agencies. The RPP meets bimonthly. Each RPP meeting is open to the public and held at the SACOG offices.
Introductions (Renée DeVere-Oki, 5 minutes)
- What is the RPP?
- Introductions in room, phone, computer. Please enter your name upon logging in.
The SACOG Regional Agencies Partnership Update
- Updates from Staff (12 minutes)
May is Bike Month – (Sabrina Bradbury, 2 minutes) The May is Bike Month campaign encourages people to replace car trips with bicycle trips. The campaign will launch a new website that will highlight trips instead of miles in order to encourage people to bicycle to all of their destinations. See SACOG April .
- Project Delivery Update – (José Luis Cáceres, 2 minutes) A quick update on project delivery in the SACOG region.
- Safety Performance Management Targets – (Sam Shelton, 2 minutes) Staff has recommended that SACOG Board support the five 2019 state safety targets, consistent with the recommendation of peer MPOs in in California. New targets will be set using new goals from the 2020 Strategic Highway Safety Plan (SHSP), with plan update workshops starting now. See SACOG April .
- Legislative Look Out – (Christina Lokke, 2 minutes) A quick update on any current topics in California or nationally.
- Topics in Transit – (Barbara VaughanBechtold, 2 minutes) A quick update on any current topics in transit and SACOG’s Transit Coordinating Committee.
- Topics in Housing – (Dov Kadin, 2 minutes) Senate Bill 2 planning grants are now available to local agencies and the state will accept applications over an eight-month period. These non-competitive grants are available to pay for planning activities that accelerate housing production. See SACOG April .
Updates from Membership (5-10 min)
- Please feel free to share updates relevant to the region during this time. Limit yourself to two minutes.
- Updates from Staff (12 minutes)
- 2019 Funding Round (Garett Ballard-Rosa, 10 minutes)
California Vehicle Emissions Waiver Rescission
(Renée DeVere-Oki, 5 minutes)
- The United States Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are proposing to change federal fuel economy standards for passenger vehicles and light duty trucks. This change in standards could have significant impacts on transportation plans and projects throughout California, including SACOG’s Metropolitan Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy (MTP/SCS) and transportation projects programmed in the Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program (MTIP). See SACOG April .
2020 Metropolitan Transportation Plan/Sustainable
Communities Strategy Preferred Scenario (15 minutes)
- Board action on the land use, transportation, and budget assumptions for the 2020 Metropolitan Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy (2020 MTP/SCS) will be taken on April 18. Staff will provide an update on the April 18th Board meeting as well as next steps. (Cint Holtzen, 5 minutes). See SACOG April .
- SACOG will be releasing the NOP for the EIR to the MTP/SCS this month. (Renée DeVere-Oki, 5 minutes)
- SACOG is accepting changes to the 2019 MTIP. Model-Run MTIP Amendment Project Updates are due Friday, May 3, 2019. Changes will be included in the conformity analysis that is done concurrent with the 2020 MTP/SCS. (José Luis Cáceres, 5 minutes)
- Innovative Mobility in the Sacramento Region (Monica Hernandez, 10 min)
- Other Matters
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
◄ Indicates Action
This agenda and attachments are available on SACOG’s website at www.sacog.org. SACOG is accessible to the disabled. As required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Federal Rules and Regulations adopted in implementation thereof, a person who requires a modification or accommodation, auxiliary aids or services in order to participate in a public meeting, including receiving this agenda and attachments in an alternative format, should contact SACOG by phone at 916-321-9000, e-mail (email@example.com) or in person as soon as possible and preferably at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Parking is available at 15th and K Streets.