Race, Equity, & Inclusion Working Group
Established in 2020, the Race, Equity, and Inclusion Working Group will examine SACOG programs and projects, and historical and current planning practices and/or programs through a racial equity lens.
Activities of the working group may include, but are not limited to, discussion, identification, and advancement of the following:
• Support and drive the implementation of the Race, Equity, and Inclusion framework developed in 2020.
• Receiving and processing information on the role government played in segregating communities, suppressing home-ownership, and wealth accumulation through land use and transportation planning, policies, and programs.
• Building race, equity, and inclusion into SACOG’s strategic goals, policies, projects and programs, focusing on changes that have the promise to improve conditions and prevent harm to BIPOC.
• Exploring existing data to better understand and make recommendations to reduce racial disparities in economic and social outcomes, access to opportunities, mobility, and transportation, and to create a baseline of indicators to monitor racial equity outcomes.
• Developing approaches to raise or attract state investment and/or funding programs focused on increasing investment without displacement in BIPOC communities and/or low-income communities.
Working Group Members from SACOG Board
External Working Group Members