Race, Equity, & Inclusion Working Group
Established in 2020, the Race, Equity, and Inclusion Working Group will examine SACOG programs and projects, and historical and current planning practices and/or programs through a racial equity lens.
Activities of the working group are focused on observing, engaging in, reviewing, discussing, and making recommendations on, the implementation of SACOG’s adopted Racial Equity Action Plan, the goals of which include:
• Operations Goal 1: Establish an inclusive workplace where all current and future employees feel they belong.
• Operations Goal 2: Identify, attract, invest in, and retain a workforce that reflects the diversity of the Sacramento region by providing equitable access to opportunities.
• Operations Goal 3: Reduce barriers to SACOG procurement and contracting process to create more opportunity for Black, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, and communities of color, along with low-income rural, urban, and other underrepresented communities.
• Programs Goal 1: Increase engagement with community representatives of Black, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, and communities of color, along with low-income rural, urban, and other underrepresented communities to help shape SACOG’s projects and programs.
• Programs Goal 2: Increase funding for programs and projects that prioritize REI and/or specifically engage underrepresented and underserved communities in the SACOG region.
• Programs Goal 3: SACOG supports and learns from member and local partner agencies incorporating racial equity best practices into their planning work.
• Board Practices Goal 1: The SACOG board deepens its understanding of how race/ethnicity, income, and geography (rural/urban) affects the social outcomes of communities throughout the Sacramento region.
• Board Practices Goal 2: The SACOG board includes racial equity impacts in its triple bottom line decisions.
• Board Practices Goal 3: The Board maintains consistent engagement with racial equity action plan implementation process.