As our Region continues to respond to COVID-19, many of our regional transit operators have temporarily reduced service.
SACOG provides planning support and a forum for coordination among the region’s public transit operators. Several projects and ongoing activities are underway to help plan and operate transit services to meet the region’s needs.
In addition, SACOG administers funding available under the Transportation Development Act (TDA), and coordinates other federal and state transit funding programs.
Transit in the Sacramento region encompass a wide array of services including urban light rail and bus service, express commuter buses from suburban cities, paratransit dial-a-ride service for the disabled, and rural lifeline service running once-a-day or even once-a-week.
Online Transit Trip Planning
Google, using data supplied by the regional transit operators, has transit trip planning available for areas covered by:
- Tahoe Transportation District (South Lake Tahoe, CA)
- El Dorado County Transit
- Placer County Transit (operates Lincoln Transit)
- Roseville Transit
- Sacramento Regional Transit (operates Folsom Stage Line)
- San Joaquin Regional Transit District (San Joaquin County)
- Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit (Truckee/Cities – North Shore Tahoe)
- Unitrans (City of Davis)
- Yolobus (Yolo County)
- Yuba-Sutter Transit (Sutter & Yuba counties)
Transit to the Airport
Riding transit to and from the airport can save you time and money while reducing the stress of having to navigate through a city that may be unfamiliar to you.
See below for information for links to any of the ? transit service providers that operate service in the Sacramento region.