Safe Routes to School Resources
Bike, Pedestrian, and Safety Grant Programs
The grant programs listed below commonly fund bike, ped, and safety projects and program. For most of these grants, you must have a federal-aid eligible project sponsor, such as a City or County government or school district, to apply. For more information about these funding programs and application processes, please visit the below links.
- State Active Transportation Program
- SACOG Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Funding Program (BPFP) & Regional Active Transportation Program (ATP)
- Office of Traffic Safety Grant Program
- Highway Safety Improvement Program
For most of these grants, you must have a federal-aid eligible project sponsor, such as a City or County government or school district, to apply. For more information about SACOG’s Active Transportation Program (ATP), please contact Victoria Cacciatore, Active Transportation Team Project Coordinator.
Other Safe Routes to School Resources
Consider these best practices and resources to support your SRTS efforts:
- SACOG Complete Streets Toolkit
- California Safe Routes to School Technical Resource Center
- California Partnership for Safe Routes to School
- National SRTS Partnership
- Transportation Injury Mapping System (TIMS)