Parks & Trails Survey Raffle Entry Rules
Official Rules for Sacramento Region Parks & Trails Strategic Development Plan Prize Drawing
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Who is Eligible: Sacramento Region Parks & Trails Strategic Development Plan Survey (“Survey”) Participants and individuals residing within California, United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older by March 15, 2021. No purchase necessary. Employees of the Sacramento Area Council of Governments (“SACOG”), other agencies participating in the Sacramento Region Parks & Trails Strategic Development Plan, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate families of each are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
How to Enter: There are two methods of entry for the Pilot Program Prize Drawing.
1) Entry Method #1: an individual may become eligible to enter in the Prize Drawing by first participating in the Survey. To participate in the Survey, an individual must complete a survey online. The survey can be completed online at https://bit.ly/3v8SOVY. Submissions will be accepted until April 30, 2021. The Survey must be completed and submitted to SACOG online via the link provided, by 4:00 p.m. PST, May 3, 2021. Upon completion and submission of the survey online, the participant will be automatically entered into the Prize Drawing.
2) Entry Method #2: an individual will be eligible to enter the Prize Drawing by delivering a post card to SACOG with their name, address, phone number, and e-mail address on it and a note indicating the desire to be entered into the Prize Drawing. A postcard entry must be postmarked by 4:00 p.m. PST, May 3, 2021 to SACOG, Attn: Parks &Trails Survey 1415 L Street, Suite 300, Sacramento, California 95814. Upon receipt of these materials, the individual will be automatically entered into the Pilot Prize Drawing.
Limit one entry per person. SACOG is not responsible for entries that are lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected.
How to Win: Winner does not need to be present during the drawing to win a prize. Ten (10) winners will be randomly selected on May 6, 2021, in a random drawing conducted by a SACOG representative from among all eligible entries completed under Entry Method #1 or Entry Method #2. The drawing will be broadcast virtually at 9:00AM. Instructions to view the drawing will be posted on SACOG’s website. The winners for the prizes will be drawn consecutively. The selected entry and winner for the first prize will not be eligible for selection for the second prize. The drawing is administered by SACOG whose decision is final on all matters related to the drawing.
Prizes, Approximate Retail Value, and Odds of Winning: Ten (10) $50 Safeway® gift cards will be awarded at the drawing. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as a part of the prize.
Odds of winning will depend on the number of entries submitted in the drawing. SACOG reasonably estimates that there will be approximately 500 entries, resulting in odds of roughly 1:500 for each of the prizes. Odds of winning are the same for a Survey participant and an individual submitting a postcard.
How to Claim Your Prize: Each winner must meet all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules to qualify for a prize. Each winner will be notified through their provided contact information. Winners will be asked to respond, indicating whether they prefer to collect their prize with valid identification card, or have it delivered by e-mail to the email address provided to SACOG upon submission of the Survey. By accepting the prize, the winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to return the response within one (1) week, they forfeit the prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, SACOG will award the prize to an alternate potential winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held for each prize, after which each prize will remain un-awarded.
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner is required to complete any forms necessary for SACOG to issue required tax documentation or documentation otherwise required to comply with applicable laws laws with respect to this prize drawing.
2. Prizes are not transferable, and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available, except that SACOG reserves the right to substitute cash or a similar prize of equal or greater value should a prize listed be unavailable for any reason.
3. Acceptance of a prize will constitute permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation except when prohibited by law.
4. By entering the drawing, you release and agree to hold harmless SACOG and its respective officers, directors, members, employees, representatives, and agents; and all advertising, promotion, production and fulfillment agencies (collectively “Released Parties”) from and against any claims or liability of any kind in connection with the drawing, including without limitation any costs, fees, expenses or damages incurred in the use of the prize.
Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the drawing; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cable, internet service provider or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or drawing; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the drawing or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the drawing or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the drawing, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the drawing, or any part of it, for any reason, SACOG, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, SACOG reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this drawing or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Eastern California, or the appropriate California State Court, provided however, claims for bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage arising out of the redemption of a prize must be submitted to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the State of California, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this drawing, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and SACOG in connection with the drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
Official Rules Copy: For a copy of these Official Rules, print this web page or send a request and enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SACOG, Attn: Parks &Trails Survey, 1415 L Street, Suite 300, Sacramento, California 95814. Winner List Requests will only be accepted until May 20, 2021. For the winner list, send a letter with the Subject Line: “Winner List Request” and self-addressed, stamped envelope to SACOG Attn: Parks &Trails Survey, 1415 L Street, Suite 300, Sacramento, California 95814.
Safeway® is a registered trademark of Safeway Inc.® in the United States and other countries. Safeway® is not a Sponsor of or in any way affiliated with this drawing.