NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR SACOG DRAFT MTP/SCS AND NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF THE ASSOCIATED DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT, AMENDMENT TO THE MTIP, AND AIR QUALITY CONFORMITY ANALYSIS
Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) is pleased to announce the release of the following documents on September 23, 2019:
- Draft 2020 Metropolitan Transportation Plan/Sustainable Community Strategy (MTP/SCS) – The Draft MTP/SCS covers the area within the counties of Sacramento, Yolo, Yuba, Sutter, Placer and El Dorado (excluding the Lake Tahoe basin). The Draft MTP/SCS, prepared in coordination with cities, counties, and other public agencies in the SACOG region, is a long-range transportation plan and sustainable communities strategy to serve existing and projected residents and workers within the Sacramento region through the year 2040. The Draft MTP/SCS accommodates an additional 620,500 residents, 270,000 jobs, and 260,100 homes with a transportation investment strategy of $34.9 billion. SACOG is required under federal and state law to update the MTP/SCS every four years.
- Draft EIR (DEIR) on the Draft 2020 MTP/SCS – The DEIR examines the potential for environmental impact from implementation of the Draft 2020 MTP/SCS. The DEIR identifies significant effects in the following areas: aesthetics; agriculture and forestry resources; air quality; biological resources; cultural and paleontological resources; energy and global climate change; geology, seismicity, soils and mineral resources; hazards and hazardous materials; hydrology and water quality; land use and planning; noise; population and housing; public services and recreation; transportation; and utilities and service systems.
- Amendment #18 to the 2019-21 Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program (MTIP) and Air Quality Conformity Analysis, associated with the proposed MTP/SCS– The MTIP is the short-range transportation program for the SACOG region, which includes the counties of Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba, and portions of El Dorado and Placer County. The MTP/SCS is the long-range transportation plan for the SACOG region. The Air Quality Conformity Analysis is a determination of compliance with air quality standards for both the MTIP and MTP/SCS.
Three public hearings will be held on the Draft 2020 MTP/SCS:
- October 9, 2019: Folsom Community Center – RG Smith Room, 50 Natoma Street, Folsom from 6:30-7:30;
- October 16, 2019: Woodland Senior and Community Center – 2001 East Street, Woodland from 6:30-7:30;
- October 24, 2019: SACOG, 1415 L Street, 3rd Floor, Sacramento from 5:30-6:30. Oral comments on the Draft EIR will be accepted at this meeting.
A public hearing on the MTIP and Air Quality Conformity Analysis will be held on:
- October 3, 2019, during the Transportation Committee meeting at SACOG, 1415 L Street, Suite 300, Sacramento CA.
A public comment period for the Draft 2020 MTP/SCS, Draft EIR, Amendment #18 to the 2019-21 MTIP, and Air Quality Conformity Analysis will be held from September 23, 2019 to November 7, 2019. You can comment on any of these documents in the following ways:
- Attend one or more of the meetings identified above and provide oral or written comments
- Mail your comments to SACOG, 1415 L St. #300, Sacramento CA, 95814, Attention: MTP/SCS Comments; EIR Comments; or MTIP and Air Quality Conformity Comments
- Email your comments to:
- email@example.com for MTP/SCS
- firstname.lastname@example.org for DEIR
- email@example.com for MTIP and Air Quality Conformity Analysis
Copies of the documents are available as follows:
- Access online at www.sacog.org
- Review a printed copy at SACOG beginning September 23, 2019, during normal business hours
- Request a printed copy for a fee or an electronic copy for free from SACOG
- Review an electronic copy at any of the libraries listed below:
- Arcade, 2443 Marconi Ave. Sacramento;
- Arden-Dimick, 891 Watt Ave. Sacramento;
- Carmichael, 5605 Marconi Ave. Sacramento;
- Central, 828 I St. Sacramento;
- Colonial Heights, 4799 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento;
- Belle Cooledge, 5600 South Land Park Dr. Sacramento;
- Courtland, 170 Primasing Ave. Courtland;
- Del Paso Heights, 920 Grand Ave. Sacramento;
- Elk Grove, 8900 Elk Grove Blvd. Elk Grove;
- Fair Oaks, 11601 Fair Oaks Blvd. Fair Oaks;
- Franklin, 10055 Franklin High Rd. Elk Grove;
- Galt – Marian O. Lawrence, 1000 Caroline Ave. Galt;
- Isleton, 412 Union St. Isleton;
- Ella K. McClatchy, 2112 22nd St. Sacramento;
- McKinley, 601 Alhambra Blvd. Sacramento;
- Martin Luther King, Jr., 7340 24th St. Bypass Sacramento;
- North Natomas, 4660 Via Ingoglia Sacramento;
- North Sacramento – Hagginwood, 2109 Del Paso Blvd. Sacramento;
- Orangevale, 8820 Greenback Ln., Suite L Orangevale;
- Rancho Cordova, 9845 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento;
- Rio Linda, 631 L Street. Rio Linda;
- Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven, 7335 Gloria Dr. Sacramento;
- South Natomas, 2901 Truxel Rd. Sacramento;
- Southgate, 6132 66th Ave. Sacramento;
- Sylvan Oaks, 6700 Auburn Blvd. Citrus Heights;
- Valley Hi-North Laguna, 7400 Imagination Pkwy. Sacramento;
- Walnut Grove, 14177 Market St. Walnut Grove;
- El Dorado County Library, 345 Fair Ln. Placerville;
- Placer County Library, 350 Nevada St. Auburn;
- Sutter County Library, 750 Forbes Ave. Yuba City;
- Yolo County Library, 226 Buckeye St. Woodland;
- Yuba County Library, 303 Second St. Marysville.
Contact SACOG staff with any questions at 916-321-9000.
Public notice of public involvement activities and time established for public review and comments on the MTIP will satisfy the POP requirements, as defined in FTA Circular 9030.1E.
The California Environmental Quality Act requires this notice to disclose whether any listed toxic sites are present at the project site. Some areas within the Draft MTP/SCS are contained on the lists compiled pursuant to California Government Code sections 65962.5(a)(4) and (c)(1-3). Since this is a regional, programmatic DEIR, subsequent project-level environmental documents will be required to disclose the presence of toxic sites for the individual projects.
Issued September 23, 2019.