Policy & Innovation Committee Meeting
Click here for link to full agenda packet.
Monday, August 31, 2020, at 10:00 AM
In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order No. N-25-20, this meeting will be held online only and will be open to public participation online only. Members of the public are invited to observe the live stream over the internet at: https://zoom.us/j/96625107067 Webinar ID: 966 2510 7067 or phone in: 1-877-853-5257 Webinar ID: 966 2510 7067.
To make a public comment, you can do so three ways:
1. In advance: email the committee clerk at email@example.com before 9:30 a.m. on August 31 2020, to submit a comment in advance. Comments read by the clerk will be limited to 250 words.
2. By phone: for each agenda item, we will pause for public comment. Press *9 to indicate a desire to make a comment. The committee chair will call you by name or phone number when it is your turn to comment. Speakers will be limited to three minutes.
3. Online: for each agenda item, we will pause for public comment. Tap your name in the attendee list, then tap ‘Raise Hand’. The committee chair will call you by name when it is your turn to comment. Speakers will be limited to three minutes.
If you need a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (916) 340-6236. Requests must be submitted by August 28, 2020.
The Policy & Innovation Committee may take up any agenda item at any time, regardless of the order listed. Public comment will be taken on the item at the time that it is taken up by the committee.
Note: Time durations are estimates only.
Pledge of Allegiance
Roll Call: Directors Allard, Douglass, Frerichs, Kozlowski, Leahy, Lozano, Saragosa, Vice Chair Stallard, and Chair Gore
Public Communications: Any person wishing to address the committee on any item not on the agenda may do so at this time. After ten minutes of testimony, any additional testimony will be heard following the action items.
1. Approve Minutes of the August 10, 2020, Committee Meeting
(Est. Time: 0 Minutes)
• A written record of the August 10, 2020, committee meeting.
2. Approve Amendment #1 to the Budget and Overall Work Program
for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 (Est. Time: 0 Minutes)
• Approval of Amendment #1 to the Budget and Overall Work Program (Budget/OWP) for Fiscal Year 2020-2021
3. Approve Contract to Extend the Big Data Pilot Project (Shengyi
Gao) (Est. Time: 5 minutes)
• The California Air Resources Board (CARB) is adding additional funds to the Big Data for Transportation Planning Pilot Project (Pilot Project). SACOG manages the contract with Replica, Inc. for work being done on behalf of SACOG, CARB, and Caltrans, and is requesting authorization to accept additional funding from CARB, amend the contract to increase the amount, and extend the period of performance.
4. Civic Lab Program Update (Adrienne Moretz) (Est. Time: 10
• This is an update on the implementation and evaluation of Civic Lab projects.
5. Advocacy Update (Christina Lokke) (Est. Time: 10 minutes)
• An update on federal and state legislative activities.
The next meeting of the Committee will be held on Monday, October 5, 2020, at 10:00 AM.
The Policy & Innovation Committee may take up any agenda item at any time, regardless of the order listed. Public comment will be taken on the item at the time that it is taken up by the committee. We ask that members of the public complete a request to speak form, submit it to the clerk of the committee, and keep their remarks brief. If several persons wish to address the committee on a single item, the chair may impose a time limit on individual remarks at the beginning of the discussion. Action may be taken on any item on this agenda.
This agenda and attachments are available on SACOG’s website at www.sacog.org. SACOG is accessible to the disabled. As required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Federal Rules and Regulations adopted in implementation thereof, a person who requires a modification or accommodation, auxiliary aids or services in order to participate in a public meeting, including receiving this agenda and attachments in an alternative format, should contact SACOG by phone at 916-321-9000, e-mail (email@example.com) or in person as soon as possible and preferably at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Parking is available at 15th and K Streets.