Bike Share FAQs
What is bike share?
Bike share is a system of bikes that anyone can use. Use the Lime or Uber apps to check out a JUMP bike from a hub (special parking spot for the bike share bikes) or a bike rack, ride to where you need to go, and lock it up. It’s another transportation option for people that is healthier and more environmentally friendly.
Where can I park the bikes?
The bikes all have a built in lock and can be parked at any public bike rack.
How much does it cost?
- Per ride - $1 to unlock for 32 cents per minute
- Daily rate – $16.99 for unlimited rides all day.
- Monthly rate – Lime offers a variety of monthly passes including $49.99 for 200 minutes of ride time and $59.99 for 25 rides. Check the app for the latest offerings.
- LimeAccess program – $5 a year (for qualifying low-income users) for free 30 minutes up to five times a day.
- LimeAid program – Free 30-minute rides up to five times a day for healthcare workers, public safety workers, and other essential workers (must sign up to qualify).
Is there special low-income price?
Yes! The LimeAccess program costs $5 a year for qualifying users.
To qualify, you simply need to demonstrate enrollment in a public benefits program and provide an image of a government-issued ID.
Valid forms of ID include a state driver’s license, state identification card, or US passport.
Proof of enrollment in a public benefits program include SNAP benefits card, discounted utility bill, Medicaid benefits card, or a reduced fare transit pass, etc. Your legal name must be displayed on both your ID and proof of public benefits enrollment.