Innovative Mobility Program
What is Innovative Mobility at SACOG?
The Innovative Mobility Program designs and launches projects and programs that increase transportation options and reduce vehicle miles traveled (VMT) to make options like biking, walking, and taking transit the easy choice for all types of trips. The program builds cutting-edge programming that utilizes existing infrastructure, leverages disruption and new technology, and adapts to rapidly changing markets and social environments. Work typically takes the form of grant opportunities for member jurisdictions and participatory programs.
The Innovative Mobility Program is a core component of reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the future and helps SACOG to meet is greenhouse gas reduction target in the Metropolitan Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy.
- Reduce VMT and related vehicle emissions
- Leverage new technology, partners, and private sector investment to move people in new and efficient ways
- Increase access to existing services like public transit, micro- and shared mobility (e.g. first/last mile connections)
- Inform the 2024 MTP/SCS with Innovative Mobility projects and program outcomes
- Support policies that increase access and benefit for underserved communities