Personally Identifiable Information means any information that could reasonably be used to identify a User, including a User’s name, address, birth date, or telephone number or any combination of other information that could be used for identification.
Aggregate Information is information that does not identify Users and may include statistical information concerning the use of SACOG’s websites. Aggregate information may be used by SACOG to analyze and improve the effectiveness of SACOG’s websites, services, and programs.
Cookies are text files that websites use to (a)recognize repeat visitors; (b) facilitate a visitor’s use of the site; and © compile aggregate data and improve the website.
II. User Information
SACOG does not intentionally collect Personally Identifiable Information about Users when websites are visited unless such information is voluntarily provided by a User to SACOG. SACOG does collect and store certain information automatically, as do most web servers. SACOG automatically collects and stores only the following information when its websites are visited by Users:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our website;
- The date and time you access our website;
- The pages you visit; and,
- If you linked to our website from another Web site, the address of that website.
SACOG may collect information from Users, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources SACOG may make available on its websites. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, phone number, and/or email address. SACOG will collect information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information. Users may visit our site anonymously, and can always refuse to supply information, with the understanding that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
SACOG may use the information it collects for statistical purposes only for permissible purposes under applicable law, including to determine popularity of sections of the website, as well as reviewing total number of users on a monthly basis. SACOG may also track the keywords that are entered into our search engine service to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk or threaten others;
- Collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Create a false identity;
- Transmit or upload any material that contains harmful or deleterious computer programs, including, trojan horses, malware, worms, or other computer viruses;
- Transmit or upload any computer programs or other material in breach of any intellectual property laws, rights, or any other applicable laws;
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the SACOG’s websites or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of SACOG;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website, other accounts, computer systems or networks through any means; and
- Interfere with other Users use of SACOG websites.
IV. Public Comments and Public Records
As part of the Public Comment/Public Review Process, including the Unmet Transit Needs Process, Users are asked for their name, email address, and comments. This information may be included in publicly released documents. This information is considered to be part of the Public Record and subject to the California Public Records Act. Please be aware that if you comment on documents during the review process, your name, email address, and comments are subject to disclosure and may become public. Dissemination of such information will be conducted in conformance with applicable law, including the California Public Records Act.
V. Acceptance of Terms
VII. Disclaimer and Indemnification
User agrees to indemnify and hold SACOG, its officials, officers, employees, member agencies, sponsors, partners, and agents harmless from any claims, actions, costs (including legal costs), or losses arising out of User’s use of SACOG’s websites.
Revised March 23, 2021