Complete Streets Corridor Working Group
SACOG launched the Complete Streets Corridor Working Group to overcome challenges to retrofitting infill corridors as complete streets to support place-making and economic vitality in urban, suburban, and small town settings. Outcomes will accelerate local implementation of the MTP/SCS through technical assistance.
This project is funded in part by a Sustainable Communities Planning Grant from the California Strategic Growth Council.
The working group is composed of city and county public works and planning staff from interested jurisdictions.
The Corridor Working Groups meets monthly through the end of 2017.
- February: Defined complete streets implementation challenges
- March: Vision Zero
- April: Economics of Infill and Redevelopment
- May: Project Planning for the Future of Transportation
- June: Retrofit of Mid Century Autocentric Corridors
- July: Low Stress Bikeways
- August: Place Making, Public Art and Green Streets
- September: Approaches to Current and Emerging Transportation Technologies
- October: Performance Measurement, Project Prioritization and Funding
- November: Case Study Wrap-up