Blueprint Excellence Award
The Blueprint project is a multi-year study to optimize our transportation system through integrated land-use planning. This category recognizes a project implemented or completed in calendar year 2014, 2015, or 2016, organization, or business for unique approaches to smart growth. The nomination can be for a general plan, complete project, or program that addresses at least four of the following selection criteria and promotes the increased integration of transportation and land-use planning.
- Provides a variety of transportation choices;
- Offers housing choices and opportunities;
- Takes advantage of compact development;
- Uses existing assets;
- Mixes land-uses;
- Conserves open space, farmland, and natural beauty through natural resources planning;
- Encourages distinctive, attractive communities with quality design; and
- Enhances economic development, smart growth, and local/regional connectivity.