Grants Available for Community Based Organizations
Grants from $1,000 to $5,000 available to gather community input for 2025 Blueprint
Community members are invited to shape the future of the region, and we need help from Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to ensure everyone’s voice is heard! Applications are now open for CBO partners to propose outreach and engagement activities for the 2025 Blueprint to build community awareness and help gather input.
The Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) is responsible for creating a plan that looks 25 years into the future to determine how the Sacramento region will grow and change over that time. The plan, also called the 2025 Blueprint, is developed using a combination of evaluating development projects from cities and counties, careful forecasting of population and transportation changes, and most importantly, with lots of input from community members.
A key goal in SACOG’s Racial Equity Action Plan is to increase engagement with Black, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, and communities of color, along with low-income rural, urban, and other underrepresented communities to help shape the 2025 Blueprint. As part of this effort, SACOG is looking to partner with organizations and entities who:
- Are trusted messengers in their communities;
- Have a deep understanding of community issues for residents living in the six county Sacramento region;
- Can gather and communicate the effects of transportation, land use planning and investments (such as roads, sidewalks, public transit, housing development, etc.) on the health and quality of life of existing communities; and
- Can meaningfully connect with disinvested and marginalized communities.
Work on the Blueprint is now underway, and SACOG is seeking CBO partners to engage communities in supplying input through the 2025 Blueprint Survey. Applicants can apply at whatever level of effort makes sense for their organization and tailor activities specific to the communities they serve. The feedback is shared with the elected officials on SACOG’s Board of Directors who will use that input to guide and approve the final plan.
SACOG is seeking partners who can distribute and gather responses for the 2025 Blueprint Survey. How CBOs reach out to their communities is up to them and the best strategies for their audiences.
|December 15 2022-January 20, 2023||Application Period|
|January 10, 2023 at 1:00-3:00 PM||Optional Pre-Proposal Meeting|
|January 20, 2023||Applications Due|
|January 30, 2023||Grant Awards Announced|
Frequently Asked Questions
How much money is available for grants?
SACOG will make multiple individual awards ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. A total of $50,000 will be awarded for outreach and engagement activities.
Who is eligible to apply for grants?
Applicants must serve communities in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, and/or Yuba counties. Applicants may serve populations living in more than one county. Eligible applicants include:
- Nonprofit organizations (e.g., community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, business improvement districts, main street associations, neighborhood associations, chambers of commerce, community foundations, etc.)
- Community colleges, colleges, and universities
- K-12 public education institutions
- Tribal nonprofit organizations
How is award money calculated?
SACOG has outlined three levels of outreach and engagement with corresponding award ranges. Applicants should name which level of engagement they want to do in their proposal with a proposed budget for the activities.
More questions? SACOG is hosting a pre-proposal meeting on January 10, 2023, 1:00 pm – 3:00 (register here). Drop by and ask your questions about the survey,