Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program
Cycle 3 call for projects expected in June 2017
As part of the State’s Cap and Trade Program, the California Strategic Growth Council (SGC) has released its draft guidelines for cycle 3 of the Affordable Housing & Sustainable Communities (AHSC) Program. Background information may be found at the SGC website.
The AHSC program focus is to promote projects that:
- Result in the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and vehicle miles travelled through land use, housing, transportation, and agricultural land preservation practice that support infill and compact development; and
- Increase accessibility of housing, employment centers and key destinations through low-carbon transportation options such as walking, biking and transit.
Technical Assistance from SACOG
Given the restrictiveness of AHSC project eligibility, and complexity of emission calculations, SACOG is providing technical assistance to eligible applicants in the region.
Project applicants can take advantage of any, or all, of the following support from SACOG:
- An initial consultation with SACOG staff to share project proposal ides, get information about AHSC scoring criteria, or request a meeting with SACOG and/other public agency staff as needed.
- A meeting with SACOG staff and other public agency staff (to be coordinated by SACOG as needed) to discuss and provide feedback on project ideas, specifically as they relate to transportation.
- An initial run of CalEEMOD and set up of the AHSC Calculator with CalEEMOD outputs. SACOG has partnered with the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District to run CalEEMOD. This is the project data needed to run CalEEMOD
- A technical meeting following the initial CalEEMOD run to ask questions about the results, get assistance with the TAC inputs (if needed) and test alternatives in real time.
To request technical assistance, please contact Greg Chew.